The vast majority of people will be aiming to support their community during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, but we do need to be aware that some may seek the opportunity to exploit the vulnerable. Authorities have warned that there has been a rise in coronavirus-related scams that seek to benefit from the public’s concern and uncertainty over COVID-19.
We should all remain vigilant and provide advice to those who may be vulnerable to
abuse or exploitation on how to spot early signs.
What can you/we do to help?
Here is a checklist of things you can do:
- Talk to your family sensitively about the increased risk of abuse/exploitation at this time.
- Be aware of any changes in behaviour or demeanour.
- Advise your family member not to answer the door to strangers – and be aware of fake ID.
- Try not to alarm, but ask them to be wary of offers to help, particularly from strangers.
- Advise them to check with family, friends or paid support that offers of support, advice and help are legitimate.
- Warn them against responding to any text, email or phone call from an unidentified source. Explain that fraudsters will imitate official bodies such as the government or the NHS – and they do it very well!
- Advise your family member that they should never give their personal data, passwords or pin numbers to anyone. Official financial bodies and other organisations will never ask for them.
If you have any concerns, or we can help in any other way please do not hesitate to contact us. All of our latest updates about the current coronavirus crisis, including frequently asked questions, can be found here.
Office telephone No:
Emergency on-call telephone:
(out of office hours and weekends)
For latest guidance about the coronavirus, please visit the NHS website.
A motivating discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you should publish more on this subject matter, it might
not be a taboo subject but typically people don’t talk about these issues.
To the next! Many thanks!!
Thank you for your comment Alex – it is an important issue that needs to be highlighted.
My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different website
and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.
Thank you for your comment
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am
impressed! Extremely useful information particularly the last part 🙂 I care for such information much.
I was seeking this certain information for a very long time.
Thank you and good luck.
Thank you for your comment. We are glad you found this post useful