We currently have a waiting list and with client numbers increasing, we are often looking for caring individuals who have an interest in making a difference and a career in care.
Please read through our job description and if you believe you have the skills and experience we are looking for we would like to hear from you. Complete the application forms and send an accompanying letter to Nicola French at Helping Hand.
Job Title: Home Care Assistant
Reports to: Home Care Services Manager
Responsible for: Client well-being and support
To work as part of a team in delivering a flexible Home Care Service to rehabilitate, support and maintain vulnerable people living independently. Provide a service that maintains clients’ dignity with regard to their personal choice, safety, privacy and standard of living. To ensure that all services are provided in an anti-discriminatory manner, which respects the clients’ cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexuality, religious beliefs, language and social class.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the Welfare of Vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Complete Care Certificate whilst in our employment.
- Attained Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, or willing to enrol and complete whilst in our employment.
- Be able to demonstrate ‘Good Practice’ with regards to the care and support of clients in the community. Full training will be given and assessments undertaken by Senior Home Care Assistants to monitor this.
- Must be reliable, honest, possess good time-keeping skills and can follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ensure confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
- Able to undertake the service requirements as detailed below under main duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure they are available to attend all training deemed appropriate for the role by the employer.
- A DBS check will be obtained and must be returned satisfactory before employment can commence as the role is working in regulating activity and therefore, subject to an enhanced DBS check. Role is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that applicants are required to disclose details of any criminal convictions/cautions.
- Must have use of a reliable vehicle for work purposes and have business use car insurance.
- Must have use of a mobile phone to send and receive texts for work information and also use of a phone/laptop/PC to receive work correspondence via email.
- To attend to the personal needs of the client as agreed with the registered Manager and as detailed in the Client’s Care Plan. To carry out all work in accordance with Helping Hand Home Care Services Care Certificate Induction programme and company policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the service provided is of a high standard and maintains clients and carers routines and allocated times, therefore not disrupting their normal pattern of living.
- To report any changes in the client’s circumstances, as soon as is practicable, to The Manager.
- When relieving other Care Workers, to ensure that services delivered are in accordance with the client’s agreed Care Plan. Information about each client will be given to every Home Care Assistant prior to any care visit.
- To ensure that clients receive the necessary support, both socially and emotionally, in a way that is culturally and ethnically sensitive and reflects the client’s needs in relation to their age, gender, sexuality, social class, disability, language or religious beliefs.
- To assist with access to any leisure/social activities and or encouraging clients to maintain contact with their community.
- To maintain client records in accordance with Helping Hand Home Care Services established procedure.
- To ensure that you meet CQC standards when delivering care.
- To enable the client to live as independently as possible.
- To attend to the client’s needs and assist them in everyday daily living skills.
- To ensure that the client is safe and in good health and to report to The Manager.
- To prompt the client to take food and medication if stated in the care plan.
- To make sure that Food & Hygiene and Health & Safety standards are met.
- To assist clients with Personal Care, Shopping, Cooking, Laundry, Cleaning, Companion Service and Attending Appointments.
- Maintain cleanliness standards during each visit: tidying, cleaning surfaces, microwaves and cookers. Emptying bins, general tidying.
- Monitoring food best before dates, meal rotation and disposing of items not fit for consumption. Making use of labels to indicate food use by.
- To log and document all incidences or events when attending to a client.
- To communicate with staff and Management of any issues or information relating to the client.
- Any Safeguarding concerns for both client and care worker must be reported in the first instance to the Office Manager.
- You will be required to be employed for a probationary period of 3 months
- You will be required to be ‘shadowed’ by a Senior Home Care Assistant on commencing employment with us. Not until all training has been given and satisfactory assessments completed will you be allowed to work alone
- You will be required to attend regular supervision sessions with the Senior Carer and to participate in the appraisal process.
- In order to ensure and maintain a safe working environment, you will be required to attend specific training sessions relating to Health & Safety and Moving & Handling.
- You will be required to attend on-going training sessions.
- Working hours will be discussed at interview and where possible arranged to suit both parties.
- Current salaries: £10.44 an hour (minimum) Monday–Friday, and £11.44 an hour at weekends (dependent on experience & qualifications).
Alternatively please send an email request for an application form to: email@example.com Or call (01476) 512394
Please make sure you complete all sections of the application form with as much detail as possible.